Monthly News and Notes
Club News and Notes – October 2020
From the President
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn’t it?” – Anne Shirley
I love October, with its cooler weather, beautiful colors, and apples. Do not forget to get those apples for your pies, strudels, dumplings and oh so many other treats!!
There is also a brisker pace to October. Maybe it’s because we know what is coming, as we face a challenging winter. I have been feeling that increased spirit as I have been enjoying the fellowship of our members, through outdoor gatherings and Zoom meetings. I have been awed by:
- the friendship emanating from our members at the Farm Brewery Social.
- the inspiration of the Pack Horse Librarians of Eastern Kentucky, the central theme of The Giver of Stars, by JoJo Moyes, discussed at our September Book Club Meeting.
- the enthusiasm of the reactivated Environment Committee, already visiting Carol Blythe’s bee farm and planning a clean-up activity near Bull Run Mountain.
- the readiness of members to step forward and donate food supplies to the Gainesville/Haymarket Regional Food Pantry through our on-going food collection.
- the encouragement from so many as we plan our first monthly meeting via Zoom.
- the willingness of our new members to join our club during these uncertain times, knowing that we will strive to continue our outreaches to the community.
Please read through our News and Notes carefully. This newsletter is our primary source of communication for the club. Check out the “Club Essentials” page, where you will find all of the information needed to stay up-to-date with club activities.
I look forward to seeing you at our first monthly meeting via Zoom, on October 21. Wouldn’t it be great if we could have the full membership attend?
In Federation Friendship,